Mobile Antenna Mounts
MOUNTING THE SCORPION ANTENNA
The antenna mount seen here is the Breedlove combination quick disconnect with the antenna tilt over feature. This mount is bullet proof to say the least. It holds our 18 pound antennas with no issues what so ever! We highly Recommend that you pay Breedlove a visit today for your Scorpion antenna mount.
Breedlove builds a wide assortment of mounts that will work on any HF, VHF and UHF antenna install!
A quick word about Installing your Antenna
- Please remember our SA-680 Shorty antenna weighs in at 13 pounds.
- Our SA-680 and our 160 meter antenna weighs in at 18 pounds.
- Our antennas need a RIGID MOUNT!
More Helpful Tips on Mounting
- A two inch piece of threaded rod “3/4 -10 TPI is supplied at the base of the antenna for mounting.
- Our antennas will need to have bonding straps “tin plated preferred” tied to the counterpoise screws at the bottom of the antenna and bonded to the vehicle.
Our Recommendations for Mounting Antennas
We recommend using nothing smaller than 2″ by 2″ by 3/16″ wall thickness….square tube for all right angle mounts that are attached to the frame of the vehicle and extend out to the side of the vehicle. Please don’t take a chance with a lighter or smaller mounting material for your mount….it could break off and go through someone’s wind shield!